Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Snickerdoodles

Since Katie is seriously slacking in the blogging department, I'll continue to pull her weight. I found some cinnamon chips at the grocery store and decided that I wanted to use them in snickerdoodles. Well, when I came home from the store, I realized that I didn't have any cream of tartar which meant that I couldn't make real snickerdoodles. So, I got creative (or maybe the opposite of creative) and decided to use a cake mix. Below is the quick and easy recipe:

1 yellow cake mix
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix sugar and cinnamon; set aside. In a bowl, mix together cake mix, vanilla, oil, and eggs until dough is formed. Shape cookie dough into 1-inch balls. Roll balls in sugar-cinnamon mixture. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.

Oh, and I stirred in the cinnamon chips once everything else was mixed together. I think they added a nice touch. The cookies were soft and tasty, despite the fact that I cheated to make them.

1 comment:

  1. I'm kind of surprised you made Snickerdoodles. Impressed at your innovative cake mix use though. I didn't even know they had cinnamon chips...maybe they would be good in like banana bread or something?

    ReplyDelete

Contributors