Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Ouch

So Amy has been dogging on me quite a bit. So I changed the template (per her request) and here is a quick post to hopefully ease the criticism:

Mel's Delight

So we call this recipe Mel's delight in our house because our parent's buddy Mel came up with it I think. It is an ice cream dessert...no baking involved...but it involves chocolate and sugar so it counts.

Here's what you need:
1 package Oreo cookies; crushed
Some butter
Any gallon of Ice Cream you like
1 can of Hershey's chocolate syrup
1 can of sweetened condensed milk (14 oz.)

I really eyeball this one (which I know Amy will not like) so here is what I did:

Crushed Oreo's. They don't sell normal sized packs of Oreo's here but I crushed the equivalent of about a pkg and a half...I like my Oreo crust to be pretty thick.

Once Oreo's are crushed, mix in enough melted butter to get Oreo's to stick together (I used about 1 cup) and press mixture into bottom of greased 9x13 inch pan.

I also didn't crush them very finely but it worked out fine.

Then layer ice-cream (I used Mint Chocolate Chip) evenly on top of Oreo's and stick in freezer for a bit.

Then in a small saucepan melt about a tbsp. butter, can of Hershey's and can of sweetened condensed milk and let boil for 30 sec or so. You have to really watch it though or the chocolate will burn. Take ice-cream out of freezer and pour chocolate sauce evenly on top.
Now, this part never works too well for me...my sauce is always really runny and hot of course so it kindof just seeps into the ice cream and Oreo's. It doesn't turn out so pretty but it tastes just fine that way.
Cover and put back in freezer until set. I whipped fresh cream and topped but I have seen it with Cool Whip spread over it as well.
I forgot to snap a pic of the finished product...sorry. It was delicious though!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for spelling that out for me. And thanks for fixing the format. Much better.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors