Thursday, April 9, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cake

This recipe comes straight from Jeannie Ginsberg and it is a keeper. It is so moist and delicious and probably one of the easiest cakes I've ever made. I often make it when I need to bring dessert to something and have nearly no time to bake. It needs no frosting, which is saying a lot because you know how much I love frosting! The most time consuming part is shaving the German chocolate. Here's what I used:


Here's the recipe:

1 box yellow cake mix
1 box instant vanilla pudding (no need to make the pudding. Just dump the powder in with everything else)
4oz. oil
4oz. water
4 eggs
8oz. sour cream
6oz. mini chips
2oz. German Choc. bar grated

Mix all ingredients and bake for 50-55 minutes in a greased bundt pan at 350 degrees. I sprinkled the top with powdered sugar just for some extra pizazz.

Next time I think I'll take a picture of the cake once it's cut because this picture doesn't do it justice.

1 comment:

  1. I'm gonna have to bring back some pudding and some german chocolate bars from the states so I can make this little gem.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors