Sunday, May 17, 2009

Muddy Buddies

Some people call these Muddy Buddies and some call them People Puppy Chow. Either way, they are delicious (and quite dangerous. If I don't give them away, I'll eat them constantly until they're gone). Here's the recipe:

9 cups Corn Chex
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

Into large bowl measure cereal; set aside.
In medium size sauce pan, melt chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter on medium heat until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated.









Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag (I used a paper grocery bag).
Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake well until coated.

Spread on wax paper to cool. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.












2 comments:

  1. I really love these, I wish Katie would make them more often....well I don't really because I would eat them all. They look good!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors