Thursday, May 14, 2009

Apple Crisp

This dessert always takes me back to college. My roommates and I always made it on Sunday's. The recipe comes from Kari and it is just classic comfort food. I made it when Lizzy was here so that we could reminisce about the good ol' days.

Here's what you need:

-lots of apples; peeled
-1 1/2 cups brown sugar
-1 cup flour
-1/2 cup oats
-2/3 cup melted butter
-cinnamon (to taste, about 1/2 tbsp?)

Peel apples


and then cut them into bite-sized pieces


and put into a lightly greased 9x13 inch pan or really whatever pan you have. I just keep peeling and chopping apples until I have enough to cover the pan plus a little more.
Mix all dry ingredients and then add butter a bit at a time.

Easy on the butter...with this batch I added too much butter and it was a bit too gooey and not enough crispy. The batter should be a little crumbly when all is said and done and not totally sticky and gooey.
Crumble mixture over apples

and bake for 25 minutes or until apples are soft and crisp is bubbly.
I served with ice-cream...like I do everything else!

2 comments:

  1. Looks delicious. I'm going to try this for the first time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie,
    This reminds me about some BYU times - ya gotta love the apple crisp.

    I bet you're super busy packing, but where are the black & white (cheesecake) brownies we made? How'd the pictures turn out?

    ReplyDelete

Contributors